Attention all Authors and Internet Marketers!!!
Creating a backup of your Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) account is an important step to ensure the safety and security of your published books and related data. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you create a backup:
1. Log in to your Amazon KDP account: Visit the KDP website (kdp.amazon.com) and enter your login credentials to access your account.
2. Navigate to the “Reports” tab: Once logged in, you will find a navigation bar at the top of the page. Click on the “Reports” tab to proceed.
3. Select “Prior Months’ Royalties”: Under the “Reports” tab, you will see various report options. Choose “Prior Months’ Royalties” to access the report generation page.
4. Customize the report settings: On the report generation page, you can customize the settings according to your preferences. Select the desired time range for the report, such as a specific month or a longer duration.
5. Choose the report format: Amazon KDP offers different report formats, including Excel, CSV, and HTML. Select the format that suits your needs. It is recommended to choose a format that is easily readable and compatible with your backup storage system.
6. Generate and download the report: After customizing the settings, click on the “Generate Report” button. Amazon KDP will process your request and generate the report based on your selected criteria. Once the report is ready, you will receive a notification. Click on the provided link to download the report to your computer.
7. Save the report securely: It is crucial to save the downloaded report in a secure location, such as an external hard drive, cloud storage, or a password-protected folder on your computer. This ensures that you have a backup copy of your Amazon KDP account data.
8. Repeat the process periodically: To maintain an up-to-date backup, it is advisable to repeat this process periodically. You can choose a frequency that suits your needs, such as monthly or quarterly backups.
Remember, creating a backup of your Amazon KDP account is essential, but it is also important to protect your login credentials and ensure the security of your backup files. By following these steps, you can have peace of mind knowing that your published books and related data are safely backed up.